Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Is this the end?

I am quite sick of Aion at the moment! Why? Well, it is just grinding, grinding and grinding again. The quests are almost always the same. There are like 2 categories: Quest type one is (what a suprise) grinding. Quest type two is like running, flying and even teleporting around endless ways just to end up at the NPC who gave me the quest task. That just sucks. And if I once run out of quest I have to...huh, would anybody like to guess? Yeah, grind! It just seems a bit dull to me.
I saw about 5 Elyos which got killed by the hungry horde of Asmodian fellows in seconds...I went through 2 rifts (what was a journey itself to find them) yet and ended up in way to high elite mobs and got killed by the hungry horde myself.
So I am crawling up my way till 25 hoping that PvP in Abyss might be a bit of fun. It better is a blast otherwise I will chancel my account and go back to Guild Wars. As well a dull game but at least its for free.

Although I am quite sad about my feelings about Aion since it has so much to offer!
I really like the flying around feature with my wings! Still that feature should be doable in more areas not only those few I recognized yet. Well, gliding is always possible but gliding isnt flying to me.
Also the great class balance is honourable I think! Every class got its weakness but also its very own strength. Havent seen such a great balance in any other MMORPG yet.
As well I really like the character customization! One can really create some monsters out of the great looking toons!
That brings me to the graphics! I just love it! So many details which can be found! Sparkling blossoms, funny looking foes, the great looking sky and much more!! Still there could be more done with the graphics. Especially the armour should be looking more different. Like in EQ 2 where almost every armour looks different and one could not find a toon looking the same because of the different cloths one is wearing. Plate looks like any other plate of the same level in Aion. Maybe the one is more greenish as the other but still little difference.
And if it comes to quests I already told you my opinion.

So, hopefully the PvP is great...otherwise my Templar Hammerfall will never see the little light of Asmodia again...

No comments:

Post a Comment