Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ups and Downs in Aion



Playing Aion quite regularly the last few days I hit level 19 yesterday and finally gave that Black Claw Tribe a slab! I also destroyed the "Starga..." oops sorry I mean the Gate to the Abyss (what was a quite rough looking area - liked that) and am now out of Altgard. I had to kill bosses, collect bones or what ever and deliver those things long distances just to recognize the person to whom I spoke first is also the last person to hand in the quest. I had to grind through some Pokemon like looking monsters and catched em all. Also there where some group quests which I really enjoyed since I ran most of the time alone around in Altgard areas. Most of the time was real fun but
still there are some points I am missing.

I haven't seen any dungeon so far. Now zone under earth which belongs to a certain race like Black Burrow belonged to the gnolls in Everquest 2. A zone where I am the intruder, where I can just slaughter mindlessly alone or with a group. Would be nice!
Also there is no instance so far till level 19! No zone with some boss monsters which drop certain gear what one could farm with a group. I am thinking about zones like "Ruins of Varson" and "Castle Mistelmoor" in Everquest 2 or "Lower Guk" in Everquest 1! That was a point I really liked about World of Warcraft! First instance was doable at level 12-14! Very nice quest with sweet gear drops!
I really hope that Aion gives me some instances at the next few levels! Would be necessary to be honest!

As well I miss the freedom in Aion! In any other MMORPG I played so far (From Everquest 1 to Asherons Call to Everquest 2 and Age of Conan till World of Warcraft) I could decide where I want to go along! Where I want to hunt! Aion is quite similar to Guild Wars in that certain point. (Or to Dungeon Siege) Most of the time one is walking/flying in a Canyon to the left and the right are mountains where one cant get up and one is forced to walk in that Canyon...boooooring!! What I would love to see are huge areas (like the Commonlands or the Barrens) where I can chose the direction I would like to go. And not just forward or backwards.

Any ways: Still I love Aion! Especially since I killed my first Elyos yesterday!!
But now I need to get the hell out of my place to study chinese...I am planing to get my own troop of chinese farmers in Aion since it is so easy these days! ;)

PS: Picture one shows my Titan like Templar! Level 19 gear!
Picture two isn't a Vampire! This is my Cleric of fear in her Abyss adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hammer,

    I heard the first instance is level 25 in Aion. I am currently level 21 on my sorcerer and having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rose, nice to have you here!! ;)
    Yeah, I am having a blast too just thinking that still there could be more...
    Instance in level 25 you say! Well, that is not that far away!!
    Grind it like you mean it!! haha

    ReplyDelete