Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Templar



Alrighty.

After some hours I made it finally to my next class choice in Aion! As a warrior I could chose between the Gladiator and the Templar.
The Gladiator (http://aion.ign.com/wiki/Aion_Classes_Gladiator) seems to be the damage dealing tank. Like the berserker in Everquest 2 he is more offensive than the Templar and is also able to deal a lot of damage to more targets at the same time.
The Templar is the counterpart (http://aion.ign.com/wiki/Aion_Classes_Templar ) The typical tank as I would say. More defence skills and even healing spells and buffs make him to be the raids first joice as maintank and perfect meatshield.

So far I can tell you that I use a sword and of course a shield. By the way: Aion is the first mmorpg where you can see the effect of a shield. That means your toon holds the shield in front of its body to protect itself! Quite nice!
As a Templar I can use my shield as a "weapon" for stuns/dazes shieldrushes and knock-downs. I for sure deal less damage with the Templar compared to the Gladiator but I can handle 2-3 mobs same level quite easily. And I like the fact that Templars can improve their flight speed and airtime! (Not yet at level 11 but with higher levels)

Talking about flying: My chickenwings are just looking great and I really love to fly around and explore the places from high up in the air! It is even nice to take shortcuts from one npc to an other. Great idea and works fine!

Oh and I am so glad that I chose Kahrun server! No waiting time so far before logging into game! Although I got kicked out during the prime time - still no waiting! 2 thumbs up!

I also created an alt already...a priest on Castor server named Hammerfaust (but I can hardly play him because of the waiting) and a mage on Kahrun named Flameheart. Cant tell anything about the classes yet - no experience.

1 comment: