Sunday, September 27, 2009

Nightfall - Guild Wars

Last evening I decided to buy the latest expansion pack of Guild Wars - named Nightfall!
Since I could not get it in any shop, I had to order it via internet shop. (NCsoft - creators of Guild Wars and Aion) I expected the same (if not worse) conditions like I had to experience lately with SOEs Everquest 2 after I bought the "The Shadow Odyssey" pack. Talking about endless patches and so on.
After I finished my order the game asked me to restart it. So I started it again and very surprisingly there was NO patch, NO download not even an other click to do! Just entered password and I already had access to the Nightfall features like the two new classes, new starting area and so on!
That was a very shocking moment for me! Hey, I do not have to pay monthly fee of like € 15.-to play Guild Wars but get better costumer service than in other online games?! That is the way I want to play computer games!! No loss of time because of 12 GB patches! No loss of time because the game cant handle Vista! It is just awesome!
Hurray for NCsoft!!

In game I already tried the two new classes. First the dervish who is really not my type of playing so far because I have to keep up all the buffs and to me it seems that this class has way too many buffs...but maybe it is just at the beginning and after some levels I am quite comfortable with that brute warrior!
Then I tried out the Paragon. His weapon of choice is a spear which he throws. Seems very uncool to me but so it shall be. So my first impression wasnt that good as you can guess. But some foes later and a lot of "This is Sparta" battle-shouts in my head I really started to like that class! Anybody who didnt play Diabolo 2? Well, imagine the Amazone of that game and the paladin of Everquest 2 in one toon and you get the Paragon of Guild Wars. Quite funny to be honest!

So at the end I was really happy and pleased with my investment and will for sure stick quite longer with the new classes.

1 comment:

  1. Get the complete guide on http://www.techarena.in/guide/32604-guild-wars-nightfall-expansion-pack-walkthrough.htm. This will help you out.

    ReplyDelete