Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Aion


So I got Aion yesterday.

First of all: It is great!!

Alright. Installing and getting an account wasnt that difficult, patching worked fine for me. So I was ready to play after about 1 hour doing all the boring business.
Intro video was just awesome and really made me excited!! Nice story and great graphic! Quite catchy. But still I wasnt sure if to like it already or not but then I had to create my...
...character!! And I was just overwhelmed by all the tools and choices one has!!! I think like 37 (or more!!) different faces!! Almost as many beards, eyes, noses, mouths, ears and so on!! That is so great! Plus you can make your toon really big or small like a gnome!! A lot of different colours for your skin - green to violett or do you prefer grey or brighter?
So I guess you might already recognized I really loved the game from that point!! I could spend hours only creating different looking toons!!
Well, I created a Hulk of a warrior and was ready for my first steps in game!

So when I got in the game I was totally confused! So many toons of people who started in the same time like me. Quite a mess! But soon I was able find the first npc (who was just 2 steps ahead) and got my first quest! Awesome! If I remember right I had to kick some butts.
I really had no problem to get familiar with the interface so I could enjoy the lovely graphic!! I just love it! There is just too much to say about the beauty of the green grass or the colourful sky! Even the water is just perfect!!
Also nice effect: when I first drew my weapon the quite arabic music of the background changed to a battle chant I really like! Nice stuff!

Well, I am lvl 8 now after playing 3 hours. I guess I havent seen enough to tell if the game is really that great as it seems to be. But the story line is as far as I can tell good! The quests arent just grinding! It is also about stealing fruits or kicking some ghosts out of their graves by shacking their tombstones! (Really loved that quest).
The combat system is like the one of Everquest 2 (so far as I can tell) and seems to be good to me! Easy to handle and nice effects.
I also like the fact that you get quite fast good gear. Like I got a sweet shield, nice blunt weapon and good money! Also one can upgrade his gear with special stones which power up your health or parry changes!! Nice tool to be honest!!

I guess there are a lot of more things I could tell you already but I dont want to...Aion is waiting!!!
Oh and by the way: My name is Hammerfall, mighty and already feared warrior of the Asmodia. (Kahrun server)

No comments:

Post a Comment