Saturday, September 26, 2009

Shops

What I really do not understand is the fact that you hardly find any other MMORPGs beside around 100 World of Warcraft CD/DVDs/Prepaid Cards in most game shops.

I just checked out my local game store because I was about to buy an expansion pack of Guild Wars. Unfortunately there was not even one pack of GW. Nor of Everquest. I found 1 (!) LoTR online game, 1 (!) EVE online, 5 Warhammer online and about 10 Champions packs. And that's it. Thats it! Quite frustrating to me. The online world isn't just about WoW.
Well, I know that shops have to show an amount of World of Warcraft packs because of a contract with Blizzard as far as I know. But still there should be enough space for other games of that sort.

But even more annoying was that they weren't even able (nor willed) to order EQ 2 TOS or an expansion pack of GW. Thats quite a poor customer service.

So I got home and tried to order EQ 2 TOS on Amazone - same problem. "The game to want to order is not available."
Whats is going on with SOE? Dont they want to get new players? Or even keep old players like me? Downloading the game isn't possible (and for sure not my favourite style since I want to have the game as a DVD at home...hey, I grew up with the good old disc!) as far as I recognized the last 1 week. (Game kept patching and downloading endless data...)
ebay was my last chance and I am glad that I got the TOS there.

Hopefully I will get GW expansions easier...anyway I am going to shot some zombies in L4D...

2 comments:

  1. I don't think the shops here even carry copies of EVE or Warhammer anymore. I guess MMORPGs just aren't popular enough to stalk and I think most people download them anyway.

    Why can't you download EQ2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sad to be honest...
    Especially for people like me who are quite nostalgic who like to have a disc in hands and not only data somewhere in my computer.

    I really dont know what the problem is with EQ 2. Game keeps downloading endless patches and at some point it just stops or even worse: instead of counting down the time how long the download should last its counting up! Last time I was already at 2 hours and something and it raised up to 9 hours...

    ReplyDelete