Friday, September 25, 2009

Thinking about the problems I got with the installation of EQ 2 on my new PC, I am at the moment quite often playing Guild Wars 2. For sure its a nice and entertaining game. Thinking about the story line and the missions I have to master. I also really like the idea of playing with an NPC group instead of seeking players who are on the same mission as I am.

But still that is the biggest problem I got with GW (beside the old graphic engine and the lack of any race to chose). I play MMORPGs to meet and interact with real players. To get to know them and master the game with their help. Since I am a quite noobish player in GW still I dont care about the skill others have because for me its always more fun in a real group. Up to now (beside grouping with my RL friends) I grouped only one time for about 10 minutes with an other player...

I also really dont like the lack of a broker / auction house or however you would like to call it where players can sell their items to others. Such an economy system is for me a "must have" talking about MMORPGs.

What I definitely like about GW is that you can have a primary class (in my chase a warrior) and a secondary class (like I chose the monk). Its a great idea in my opinion since the primary class gives you the look (armour, weapon etc.) and you can still chose between a huge variety of skills you would like to use. And there are a lot! As far as I recognized I could have 6 different playing styles with my Warrior/Monk toon. That just awesome! At the moment I am deciding what would be the better combo. Paladin like: with a lot of self/group healing skills beside my warrior slashing skills or more like the Shadowknight of EQ 2 with his damage spells.
It is also a nice idea to combine the Paladine/Shadowknight skills what gives me a all in one warrior who is quite capable to deal with every situation but still weak thinking about the skill points I have to deal with...

Anyway, I guess I have to meditate about that while walking with my dog.

2 comments:

  1. Long (very long) story short: The game keeps downloading endless patches...Downloaded for over a week (!!!) and still the game tells me there are 12 GB...Now I ordered the game in UK (latest version) hopefully it will work...
    I blame Vista.

    ReplyDelete